Friday, April 10, 2015

Reading Slump??

Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!!

Let me just jump right in and say it, I think I'm in a reading slump.

Now before you go checking goodreads and seeing that I just started 2 new books and finished another earlier this week let me tell you why I think I'm in a slump.

My slumps tend to be more focused on the fact that there are far too many choices on which book to pick up next. On one hand I need to finish the Divergent Trilogy but on the other I'm not enjoying it so I keep looking to my TBR to see what book stands out and yells "READ ME!"

The answer: none of them.

Okay that's a lie, in reality a TON of my TBR books are yelling at me right now, I just don't know what mood I'm in, therefore I'm having issues committing to a book. The last 2 weeks of March I didn't read a single thing, and here we are 10 days into April and I've completed one book....which I started in March. I would definitely consider this a slump. So what should I do??

I'm currently listening to the third installment of the Divergent Trilogy, Allegiant, which I'm glad I have it on audio book because, honestly, I would probably quit it and not pick it up again until the movie was about to come out. I'm not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed Divergent, and that saddens me.

Other than Alligent I have recently picked up and set down a handful of different books just waiting for something to spark my interest and help boost me out of this slump. There is no doubt that I have quite a few books I want to get to in the near future, but figuring out what I'm in the mood for is no easy task.

My solution? Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. The trailer for the movie adaptation of this book just came out and looks AMAZING! I've been on the fence about wanting to read it but after seeing the trailer I can't wait to dive into the book! I went out and bought it and plan on starting it this evening. I have hope that this book will help get me back into the swing of reading, but I'm not entirely sure it will.

All that being said, I've been thinking about the question that comes up in tags a lot, you know the one that is always some form of 'How do you get out of a reading slump?' I've answered this questions in various ways but I think my answer to this question is that I just keep picking up books until something can hold my attention for more than 5 pages. Although those 5 pages of those many books may be interesting and I have interest in reading it, I am a complete mood reading and I have to be feeling it to continue.

So here's to Me and Earl and the Dying Girl! :)

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!

Until next time,

G



No comments:

Post a Comment